One Way Driver's Training Overview
Our classes meet for 3 weeks, Monday through Friday and the last Saturday.
Please request a schedule of the class start times and dates.
There will be a special calendar during holiday seasons.
Students may not miss more than 5 classes. If a class is missed, the student must make up the class when it is being taught again. Students will not be allowed in class if they are more than 5 minutes late.
Every student must complete ALL classes, class make-ups, driving times, and observation times within SIX MONTHS of the class start date. (This applies even to students who begin the program when 14 years old.)
Students will be expected to pay attention and be cooperative during the class time and driving time (No sleeping or cell phone use during class or while in the car). The material we teach is very important. One Way DTS provides students with a workbook and the Texas driving handbook.
Obtaining a Permit
Upon completion of the first 3 days of class instruction (6 Hours), students 15 years of age or older may obtain their permit.
Students must spend 14 hours in the car; 7 driving and 7 observing. Driving may continue several weeks after class has been completed.
How to Schedule Drive Times
- Students must call Debra and leave a message
- Students will be called back ASAP
- Students may schedule anytime including immediately after or before class
Drive Time Requirements
- Students should show up at least ten minutes before their driving time with their permit.
- NO FLIP FLOPS.
- Any student who cannot make a scheduled driving time must call at least 8 hours in advance and cancel. **There is a $20 cancellation fee for students who fail to call eight hours prior to his driving time.
- On the 7th driving time, there will be a driving test. Students will take another driving test at the DPS to obtain their driver's license. If student is not ready to pass the driving test, they will be advised of their weaknesses and the final lesson will be postponed. No student will be rushed through the driving process.
- During the 7 hours behind the wheel, the student will receive the foundation of skills. However, students will progress faster with practice at home. All students must practice at home a minimum of 30 driving; however, it is our belief that each student should accumulate at least 50 hours before driving alone. Feel free to call us at any time to check your student’s progress.
Required Video (Teens & Adults)
Teenagers must watch the ITTD video.
Adults must watch the ITYD video.